tagline

One woman's adventures in cooking for her Dutch-American family.









Monday, March 21, 2011

Menu Monday: Week of March 21

I'll be taking it easy this week. I have a little surgery on Tuesday. Historically, I'm pretty slow to come out of anesthesia, so I don't imagine I'll be hoping right back into the kitchen.

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Sunday:
Beef Stew. This is still my favorite beef stew recipe. We were out running errands all day. When we got home we were famished and the house smelled amazing. YUM!

Monday:
Rustic Tortellini Soup. Have to make some soup before my surgery tomorrow. If I wasreally thinking, I would have planned to make a double batch!. Love, love, love this recipe.

Molten Chocolate Lava Cake. Not quite the souffle on my challenge list, but when I read about this simplified recipe on one of the boards I follow, I had add it to my list. Especially now that I picked up some cute green ramekins at Homegoods last week!

Tuesday:
Surgery day. I'm thinking dinner will be 7 up and saltines. The boys will have leftovers.

Wednesday:
Leftovers.

Thursday:
Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken. I'm going to make it easy on myself this week, and this is a super easy way to get a tasty dinner on the table.

Friday:
Kale Frittata. Can't go wrong with a little protein as you recover from surgery, right?

Almond Raisin Bread. One of my best friends sent me some almond paste from one of the Dutch stores in Grand Rapids, MI, where I used to live. I asked The Hubs what he wanted me to make with it, and he suggested that I try to make paasstol (a traditional Dutch Easter bread with raisins and almond paste) using BudgetByte's cinnamon raisin bread recipe. Sounds like a fabulous idea!

Saturday:
Leftovers.

Eet Smakelijk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...