tagline

One woman's adventures in cooking for her Dutch-American family.









Monday, March 28, 2011

Menu Monday: Week of March 28

This is a picture of my pretty kitchen. I love that a have a nice big kitchen with lots of counter space. What I don't love about my kitchen, is that the stove was never properly vented. Shortly after we moved in, I made something for The Hubs and was blown away by the piercing sound of the smoke alarms. I opened the windows and they still screamed. I got a chair and yanked out the batteries. Sweet silence.

That was my solution for about four years. Then we started getting our house ready to sell. Apparently, dangling smoke detectors do not impress potential buyers. Back in they went. And back to their uber-sensitive ways they went....terrifying my toddler in the process. We had the smoke detector nearest the kitchen moved to the front door. Still went off anytime I touched my oven. I used my crock pot and sulked.

Finally, we gave in and decided to install an over-the-island hood. Last week, the drywall guys tore up my beautiful flat ceiling. Then the duct guy came, drilled a hole in the wall and put in the ductwork for the new hood. This Friday, my new hood is due to arrive and shortly thereafter, I look forward to cooking in silence.

Here's what's cooking this week:

Sunday:
Frittata. I totally improvised on this one this week. I used kale and spinach instead of chard. I used ham instead of sausage. And I added sundried tomato, oregano and basil. YUM!

Monday:
Chicken Stew with Dumplings. Hmmm....I was thinking this was a crockpot recipe, but looking over it right now, I see it's now. It looks delicious though, and Megan hasn't steered me wrong yet, so I'll battle the stove for it!

I didn't make my Almond Raisin bread last week because I've been really dragging, so I need to make some bread this week.

Tuesday:
Indonesian Pilaf. Just can't get enough of this!

Wednesday:
Broccoli Brunch Braid. I deep cleaned my frig this week and noticed that I have a few Pillsbury doughs that need to be used up. This is a really easy recipe, but looks impressive. Love those.

Thursday:
Greek Chicken Pasta. I also deep cleaned the freezer this week and realized that our leftovers (aka lunch for The Hubs) are running low. This looks like a good meal with leftover potential. I love Greek food!

Friday:
Pasties. This classic UP recipe was a big hit last time I made them. I had some leftover veggies all cubed and ready to go, so this will be an easy meal.

Saturday:
Spinach Lasagna Roll Up. I have lots of leftover ingredients from the last time I made this, so I look forward to making it again.

Eet Smakelijk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...