tagline

One woman's adventures in cooking for her Dutch-American family.









Monday, March 14, 2011

Menu Monday: Week of March 14


So March 2011 will not go down as my favorite month. This week, the flu struck our house. First our son, the The Hubs, then me. Bleh.

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Sunday:
Ice chips, 7Up and Pedilyte. The Hubs had leftover Indonesian Pilaf.

Monday:
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. I'm bummed I didn't get to make this last week, and I'm thinking soup is a great re-introduction to solid foods!

Tuesday:
Spaghetti di Pesto alla Genovese. I didn't to make this "Pesto Pasta" a few weeks ago, so I'm going to give it go this week. Really!

Wednesday:
Hachee met Hutspot. I've been slacking on the Dutch dishes, so I was happy to find this recipe for Hachee (pronounced "ha SHEE"). Hachee is a thick beef stew often served with mashed potatoes, or huspot. The Hubs bought me some Hachee seasoning for Christmas and I've been wanting to find a good recipe. In truth, the Hutspot (glorified mashed potatoes) part of the recipe seems a little sparse, so I'll follow it for the hachee, and use this recipe for the hutspot...OOH! I just found a recipe for it on my favorite Dutch food blog, so I may try this one instead.

Thursday:
Leftovers.

I know, I know, it's St. Patrick's day and all so I should be making Irish stew or something, but well, I didn't think about it when I was making the menu. I will try to redeem myself to my Irish mom by making Irish Soda Bread.

I'm also going to try an experiment with my crockpot. We are about to put our house for sale, so I was trying to think of something we could make that would make the house smell all nice and homey without the risk of burning down said house. I found this recipe for Apple Coffee Cake--made in the crock pot. I'm so excited to see how it smells...and tastes!

Friday:
Crock Pot Marinade Chicken. After the success of my Jerk Chicken based on this recipe, I'm going to experiment with yet another marinade in our frig. Not sure which one yet. It'll be a game time decision. I'll throw some veggies in for the last hour, and serve on rice.

Saturday:
We're being treated to dinner on Saturday by the Tech/Worship team at church.

Eet Smakelijk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...