I got this super easy recipe from a mommy friend, whose name sadly has slipped my mind. (Maybe she'll see this and take proper credit). It's a pretty casual recipe so you can play with it a bit until you figure out what you prefer. One thing I really like about this recipe is that the crock pot doesn't need all day, so as long as you have all the basic ingredients, you can still start at noon and have dinner ready on time.
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (enough to fill up the bottom of the crock pot)
- 1 bottle of your favorite teriyaki sauce or marinade
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- handful of dried apricots
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- Put chicken in crock pot and coat with teriyaki sauce.
- Pour entire can of pineapples--including juice--over the chicken. Then add dried apricots.
- Make sure the chicken is covered with sauce and juice to keep it tender. Then cover the crock pot and cook on high for 2- hours or low for 4-6 hours.