tagline

One woman's adventures in cooking for her Dutch-American family.









Saturday, September 3, 2011

This week's menu in pictures

Life is finally settling down. We're still trying to sell our house, but we've got showing-readiness down to a science. We're still building our new house, but now that we're under roof, things have slowed down quite a bit. Best of all, I seem to be on an upswing with my health, so I'm going to attempt to start up this blog again. I'll do another post of the fabulous-ness of Pinterest, but for now, I'll use the lovely pictures from there to show what's on the menu this week.

Sunday: Broccoli Salad with Bacon, Red Onions, Cranberries and Cashews (We're getting together with our small group, so I volunteered to bring my favorite salad.

Monday: Hutspot, specially requested by the Hubs. Mine isn't nearly as pretty, so I'm using this picture from Kayotic Kitchen, who has taught me to make all sorts of yummy Dutch dishes.
Source: kayotic.nl via Nicole on Pinterest



Thursday: In honor of my fiesty 90-years-young Gramma, who is struggling a bit after heart surgery, I'm going to attempt my first Shepherd's Pie


Source: None via Jen on Pinterest




***Just for fun, I had to add this fish bowl I made for a friend's housewarming party today.***



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...